Slow because I love my slow cooker. Southern because I am and that’s the finest kind of frugal, comfort food. Sunny, simply because it’s spring time! I’ve been browsing my Southern Living magazines and their site for a fresh, two weeks worth of meal ideas. With a few Hodgepodge favorites thrown in for good measure.
First, Cooking Fun.
- No Bake Honey Cheerios Sunbutter® Bars
- Grilled Sunbutter® and Chips Sandwich
- Sunflower Peeps cake – maybe during spring break
- Grahamwiches – we didn’t get to those because we did April Fool’s Day fun instead
- A Southern Living Two Step Pound Cake. My all time favorite I’ve been making since 1995.
Breakfasts: All of these look great! Kid-Friendly Breakfast Bites. Also we’ll do bagels, pancakes and our favorite Sunbutter® toast.
Lunch: I promised to post greener, healthier, arthritis friendly recipes. I’ll concentrate on that for lunch! (above, sometimes Mama has apples, avocado, apple, olives and Sunbutter. A grown up nibble tray!)
- Anything with avocado (like the chicken, spinach and avocado wraps above). Salads and Southern Living’s Guacamole
- Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- For the children: wraps, quesadillas, mac and cheese, sandwiches, leftovers, nibble trays.
Southern and Slow Cooker Suppers:
- Southern Recipes - I had fun browsing here!
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice from April Southern Living
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Chicken Drumsticks (from the deep freeze) and White Barbecue Sauce
- All in one Spaghetti and spaghetti with Jenny’s Pink Sauce
- Crock Pot King Ranch Chicken by Southern Living
- Crock Pot Chicken and Cornbread Dumplings by $5 Dinners
- Crock Pot Pizza by Taste of Home
- Crock Pot Chili and Hot Dogs (Shelby’s chili mix – pull cooked ground turkey from freezer)
- Crockpot Cranberry Chicken by Hillbilly Housewife
- Breakfast for Supper: Southern Living Creamy Grits, Biscuits, fruit, turkey bacon
- Our favorite Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna (pictured at top) from Menus for Moms
- Italian Stuffed Shells
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- Chicken Packets from Once a Month Cooking
- Burritos with refried beans and cheese from Happy Housewife
- Lots of lovely leftovers!
*all Hodgepodge meals prepared with care due to our Trials and Triumphs with allergies