I’m pushing him in the swing. And with each push I say, “forward!” Then, quickly, as he comes back toward me I say, “back.” He’s learning, just like brother and sisters before him, how to pump his legs and swing on his own. Forward and back. Forward and back. Forward…and…back.
And it comes to me almost as quickly as he swings back. This is a picture of life. Example of a spiritual journey. For often, I find I am taking one step forward and one step back. Swinging forward freely in triumph. And zooming just as quickly back, despite all my best efforts.
Daily walking close to Thee, let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
Forward and back. Sometimes the forward and backward is a little blurry.
- stuffy noses and headaches
- missed celebrations
- sleepless nights
- needed discipline
- medical bills
- more appointments to make
- frustrations that keep me going back to Him
- blooming oak leaf hydrangea
- summer warmth
- pictures from birthday parties
- relaxing days ahead
- continuing education
- snuggle times of resting
- end of year celebrations ahead
- Nana’s healing chicken and dumpling soup
- Nana’s ‘nana pudding
I’d rather have Jesus than anything, this world affords today…
Bonus reading today:
- Hodgepodgedad reviews Lynda.com Online Training Library at The Curriculum Choice.
- As part of the homeschool makeover series, I’m sharing our chalkboard desk at Heart of the Matter.