It has been three weeks since I’ve posted a weekly wrap! That’s because the past two Fridays I was sharing our 10 Days of Lasagna Learning: Teaching Multiple Ages. If you missed it, I invite you to click the big button in the sidebar. This week I shared about our chalkboard desk at Heart of the Matter.
A have a little thing for chalkboards. Okay, a big thing. I absolutely love chalkboards and chalkboard paint. A couple of years ago, during a summer homeschool makeover, my husband and I asked, why not a chalkboard desk?
Sounded practical. And it is.
Join me at Heart of the Matter for the continuing homeschool makeover series and the how to of our chalkboard desk plus links to many more fun chalkboard ideas. Summer time is a great time for a project like this!
In our Hodgepodge homeschool the last few weeks…
We are done with some! We are wrapping up our homeschool year with only a couple ‘official’ days left. (But we still have plenty going on in the next few weeks as you’ll see below). We’ve finished our Answers in Genesis: Heat and Energy unit study and are working on our final project.
We’ve turned many of our Tapestry of Grace books back into the library. This is what our mantel looks like right now, some of what we are reading. We have been doing some review of our Tapestry Year 2, Unit 2. This week, that included some fun time with the learning links on their site. Why hadn’t I thought of including this in some iPad time before?
We shared several free art lessons over the last couple weeks, recipes and helpful homeschool habits. Did you know we have an index of all the curriculum reviews my husband and I have shared? A Hodgepodge review index.
Here’s a Hodgepodge collage of various phone photos from the last several weeks…
1. caterpillar buddy | 2. chalkboard desk in heavy use | 3. Middle Girl singing in big church | 4. new slow cooker! | 5. trip to Emory pediatric allergist for check ups | 6. palettes after Peter Pan hat acrylic | 7. Mr. Toad! | 8. How ’bout some fried okra? | 9. The garage was busy that morning | 10. oakleaf hydrangea blooming! | 11. time for Blokus Trigon | 12. Spontaneous ‘Welcome Home Daddy’ party.
We’ve been taking care this week. Very much a week of one step forward and two steps back. Several, including me, have been sick. The worst, Littlest Girl. Resting and getting well. Because next week are the end of the year choir performances at church and our homeschool Drama Troupe’s production of Jungle Book! Lots of practicing lines, singing, plus listening to songs that go with our church puppets program.
- I’m hoping to get to dash down to the Georgia Homeschool Education Association convention this weekend. We will see.
- Plus, the Art for Homeschool Show May entries are in and it’s time to vote!
Many thanks to our Friday hostesses! Just look at this great list…
- Camera Phone Friday hostess Dawn Camp @ My Home Sweet Home
- Weekly Wrap-Up hostess Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Collage Friday hostess Mary at Home Grown Learners
- and Jamerrill at Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling, plus
- Homeschool Mother’s Journal at iHomeschool Network