Chalk pastels are “blessedly messy,” as Nana says. Yet we’ve found a way to avoid the mess and enjoy pastels – even on the go! We discovered the iPastels iPad app from Norbyte.
Of course this app isn’t exactly like holding a piece of soft chalk in your hand. But it does offer a close creative capability. iPastels will help you create a digital pastel painting!
iPastels app offers:
- a palette of tools including brushes, pencils and even our favorite smudging or ‘fisting’ tool.
- a rainbow of colors
- layering – you know how we love to layer our chalk pastels – you can do that with iPastels
- availability on other platforms, including for the Mac.
You’ll notice that Nana recreated her marsh pastel using the iPastels app. That speaks volumes about what this app has to offer.
Free! iPastels is available as a free download in the iTunes store.
- Toontastic – a fun animation app for free
- white board – free
- Animate Free – free
- iPhoto $4.99
- Crayola lights, camera, color – free
- Glow Paint - free
- instagram – free
- Art Authority K-12 $3.99
- Doodle Buddy – free
What are your favorite free apps?
~Subscribe to Hodgepodge! Don’t miss any reviews.