We love going to local World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium and Stone Mountain.
We recently celebrated Middle Girl’s birthday at World of Coca-Cola recently and built some great memories searching for the Vault of Secret Formula.
We went with our church family to Stone Mountain in July. And we’ve been to the Georgia Aquarium three times with our annual passes. Many more visits to come since we are studying Apologia’s Marine Biology with our high schoolers and Swimming Creatures with the younger three. So thankful we have such great places close by!
So, I did want you local folks to know about all these fun things to do around Atlanta – many thanks to World of Coca Cola for the tips!
- SEC or ACC? If you’re a fan of the Crimson Tide or the Hokies, sport your team’s colors at the Tech Tailgate or Bama Bash before heading to the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and see the rivalry in action at Tailgate Town.
- For diehard fans, be sure to check out the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game FanZone at the Georgia World Congress Center before the game for some free swag and to see the official team walks.
- Calling all Coca-Cola enthusiasts – Fan Days at the World of Coca-Cola are Aug. 27 through Sept. 3. Buy your tickets here and receive $3 off general admission to get a glimpse inside the world’s #1 brand and see what the fizz is all about.
- Take a trip down to the Ted to watch the Braves take on the Miami Marlins at home Friday through Sunday. Win World of Coca-Cola tickets and other prizes by playing the Ticket Tank and Spin Man at Saturday’s game.
- See science fiction and fantasy literally come to life at Dragon*Con, where storm troopers, Star Trek fanatics and all manner of costumed adults from around the world will invade downtown.
- Get your country on at the free Kickoff Concert in Centennial Olympic Park with performances by Uncle Kracker and Sheryl Crow.
- If you’re a fan of fins and flippers, visit the Georgia Aquarium for a discounted price during Fan Days.
- Speed over to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Advocare 500 where drivers take part in the Labor Day NASCAR Night Race Weekend.
- Maybe Dragon*Con isn’t for you but you still want to dress up. Then put on your super hero costume and race for a good cause at the Action Dash 5K in Piedmont Park, where proceeds will help Action Ministries stop poverty in Georgia.
- Visit Stone Mountain for a Labor Day Weekend celebration including the Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision and special fireworks displays.
I really don’t want these days of watermelon and summer to end. We’re still searching for the secret formula…