Just last week I shared about our family homeschool planning meeting. With high schoolers I feel this is especially important. The Well Planned Day planners play a major role in our writing down of assignments and overall accountability.
Today I am telling you all about the four year high school planners we use with our eldest two. Plus the weekly high school planners they each use themselves. Plus, don’t miss my review and giveaway of the Student Planner at The Curriculum Choice! (did you catch all that? three planner reviews and giveaways today!)
Four Year High School Planner for the Overall Big Picture
As homeschool parents of high schoolers we have found ourselves in the guidance counselor role. Not only are we guiding daily assignments and long-term semester projects, we are advising on taking the PSAT, SAT, talking through visiting colleges, planning electives and more! Not only are we recording our weekly homeschool, the books read and all extracurricular activities, we are being prompted to investigate college requirements in a timely manner.
The 4 Year High School Planner is a wonderful help for all that the high school years encompass. We have a 4 year planner for each of our high schoolers. This is the planner we pull out to discuss – and record – credits and long range high school plans. The 4 Year planner helps me – as the teacher/parent – to remember it all. Not only remember what we might need to be doing during a freshman or sophomore year but to write down and remember the good, the challenges, the tips learned from other homeschooling parents.
Plenty of room for a well-mapped four year high school plan with space for credits, subjects and course descriptions.
- High school, college and trade school requirements
- Transcripts and record keeping
- Sample high school transcript
- Monthly summary
- Semester summary – my high school journey – attendance, credit summary, literature (books read) credit summary, community involvement, accomplishments (follows the narrative report card style I am used to)
- Advice and prompts – example of extracurricular activities
- Bible verses
- Character focus
Yes, I have a 4 year high school planner for each of my children, 9th and 10th graders. Because they each have their own skills, pursuits, studies, personalities and goals. We are surely used to sharing resources in our homeschool but I feel it is important to have an individual plan for each of my children based on their gifts, talents, skills and what the Lord is calling my sons and daughters to do.
High School 1 Year Planner for the Week to Week Nitty Gritty
The High School 1 Year planner is the planner my freshman and sophomore pull out to record their weekly assignments during our family planning meeting. This planner is where they write down the page numbers, the papers due, the social activities, the extracurricular. It’s small enough to carry around the house or tuck in a backpack to take to civics class.
–> An explanation of our Weekly Family Homeschool Planning Meeting with all our ages
Both my high schoolers’ planners are housed in our magazine rack right above the family room couch. Most of their reading is done from the comfort of this couch, so it makes sense to have the planners right there. One for each of them! (Notice the 4 Year planners are tucked right there as well).
Benefits of each high school student having his/her own planner:
- Builds independence. The gift of planning and time management.
- Detailed notes on assignments, due dates, requirements.
- Central location for weekly, daily expectations.
- Time management practice daily!
- College prep prompts for each child
- Bible verses, challenges, reminders and thought-provoking quotes
Are all these planners just way too much? Maybe so but like I shared in my family planner review, I am a spiral notebook lover. And all my plans and records, all my children’s plans and records are in one spot – within reach.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us – yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
Where can you find these high school planners? Browse more views of pages and find out even more in the Home Educating Family planner store:
- The Well Planned Day 4 year High School Planner is available from Home Educating Family for $31.95
- The Well Planned Day 1 Year high school planner is available for $15.95
My Well Planned Day Planner Reviews
- Student Planner – with a giveaway today at The Curriculum Choice!
- Well Planned Day Family Planner – “Planning the homeschool days for multiple children can be overwhelming. Especially when teaching kindergarten, second grade, sixth grade (middle school!) and two high schoolers. This year, however, I have a wonderful tool…”
Plus more Guidance Counselor Resources
- Annie Kate’s high school guidance counseling – Homeschool Mommy Marks and Universities
- Pinterest boards: High School and Colleges Accepting Homeschoolers and High School
Now for the Giveaways!
I have two planners to give away! One Well Planned Day 4 Year High School Planner AND one Well Planned Day 1 Year High School planner. Simply follow the instructions in the rafflecopter widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received a copy of the Well Planned Day 4 year High School Planner and two high school planners in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own with many contributions from my high school son and daughter. I was not compensated for my time. Please see our disclosure policy.