Do we have a treat for you! Our eight-year-old taught Nana a chalk pastel tutorial. We have it for you to enjoy in video tutorial form, below.
Also, Nana and I are sharing Free or Frugal Homeschool Art for All Ages at Free Homeschool Deals today as part of Jamerrill’s 3rd Annual Homeschooling for Free and Frugal Series. But first, Littlest Girl’s caterpillar tutorial…
How To Draw A Caterpillar With Chalk Pastels
One of my youngest granddaughters was my teacher for this wonderful pastel. She is much, much more patient with her students and I am. She didn’t insist on HER choice of pastel colors, and was just a delight to learn from! ~ Nana
In the last several years I have learned a few things about art as a homeschool mama. Guess what?
- Art resources do not have to be expensive
- We really can enjoy art frequently
- All our ages can ‘do’ art together
- It’s not hard!
Really! And I will show you how… Join Nana and me at Free Homeschool Deals!
You Are An Artist!
- Print this lesson! Click the print friendly tab in the listing of sharing buttons below.
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons (100 free lessons now) are all contained in the post Pastels plus links to tutorials plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!