Thanks to my friend, Jenny, we were introduced to Young Living Essential Oils. And am I ever thankful! These oils have been a tool in my Healthy Mama journey and another step towards overall health.
First, If you have questions, click over to learn How to Get Your Start in Young Living Essential Oils or free free to contact me. You also might be interested in my Day in the Life with Essential Oils to see how we make use of these wonderful oils every day!
(The information I share here is by no means medical advice. Just simple, practical encouragement and sharing of how thrilled I am to find what works for me. For us. I am simply a mama sharing and trying to help answer many of the questions I have been receiving. I am not a medical professional and these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. If you do purchase through our links or sign up with Young Living using my distributor number, a small portion goes to keep our homeschool and the Hodgepodge site running. See our disclosure policy. )
In no particular order, a growing list – 100+ – of every day uses for Young Living Essential Oils. Those every day uses my family and I love plus those I have collected from friends.
Essential Oils For Boosting Spirits
- Joy! I talked about how this especially helped our youngest child in my Day in the Life with Essential Oils
- Diffusing Christmas Spirit – because I love it – Jenny
- Essential Oils for Teens at The Pennington Point
- Peppermint Oil for Hot Flashes by The Daisy Head
- For Anger Management at Meet Penny
- Valor – for boosting confidence for piano recitals, drama productions and more
- Dragon Time – for easing monthly discomforts
Essential Oils For Relaxation
- Lavender bath – just a drop or two is all you need!
- More on my evening bath routine in A Day in the Life with Essential Oils
- Peace and calming – for peace and calming!
- Lavender Mint Bath Salts Recipe – by Wellness Mama
- How to Take a Detox Bath
- Peppermint in hot chocolate – a lovely treat
- Stress Away blend – for calming and easing stresses
- More bath salts – use every last drop of those essential oils! (this image was shared in an essential oils group I am a part of – there is no image attribution – please let me know how I can give you credit if this is yours!)
- Homemade Oatmeal Bath Bombs
Essential Oils For Promoting Health
- Thieves car diffuser – Just a drop of Thieves oil on a cotton ball and then clipped to the vent to promote healthy immune systems. We do this especially after we’ve been in a crowd of people or out and about.
- Thieves – just a drop on the bottom of each family member’s feet – to build immunity.
Thieves Tea for boosting immunity – your favorite hot tea, a drop of Thieves, a drop of lemon, a drop of Peppermint and a teaspoon of honey.
- Lemon oil in my water – a drop or two – to promote healthy digestive functions
- Lemon oil in Good Girl Moonshine from Trim Healthy Mama is always a good thing to have as well
- Lemon oil – diffused to freshen the air and help support respiratory system
- Lemon oil – applied over the facial sinuses and down the side of the throat to promote thinning of mucus
- Lemon oil – for aiding in the healing of blemishes – Brittney
- Peppermint to ease an occasional headache
- Peppermint car diffuser – Just a drop of peppermint oil on a cotton ball and then clipped to the vent sure helps calm tummies.
- Peppermint drop rubbed right on a tummy to help support digestive system
- Peppermint drop on your finger then swipe under your tongue! Makes breath smell nice too! – Lucia
- Purification to make my stinky boy’s room smell fresh – Sarah
- Melaleuca for helping teen acne – Jenny
- DiGize because I just had to have three servings of Southern Living Chicken Casserole (rich, rich, rich) – Jenny
- Lavender and Melrose for promoting healing of burns
- Lavender for all things skin related
- Why I Put Lavender Oil in my Mascara
- KidScents Oil Collection for safe and natural alternatives to other products
- Overall wellness – my friend Heidi shares the many ways her family is using essential oils to boost immunity
- Diffusing a trio of oils in the morning and evening – this is our FAVORITE!
- Homemade Vapor Rub
- DIY All Natural Essential Oils Vapor Rub
- Eucalyptus Blue, RC and Raven for clearing airways and promoting healthy lung function
- Frankincense – for wonderful skin
- Frankincense to boost the immune system
- Sacred frankincense is my favorite oil! It helped my husband boost his immune system. It is very grounding for me spiritually and helps elevate my mood. – Michelle
- Nutmeg – inhaling directly or a drop to the foot to boost immune system
- Cinnamon Bark – a drop applied to the foot to boost immune system
“Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels…” Exodus 30:23
- Endoflex – (which contains nutmeg) two to four drops in bath water to promote gallbladder health. I also put a drop of Juvaflex on my palm, rub my hands together and then cup them over my nose and mouth and breath in
- Copaiba – taken internally for promoting healthy joint and cartilage function
- Copaiba – applied topically to joints for promoting healthy joint and cartilage function
- Breathe Again supports healthy lung function
- Deep relief to ease sore muscles and aches
- PanAway blend of oils for easing sore muscles, aiding in releasing tension
- Lavender – My youngest, above, finds the lavender in the oils drawer and may rub a drop on his skin (a drop is a lot!)
- Lavender roll on – to make it easy to apply!
- Nasal Spray recipe (image only)
- Oregano – a drop applied to the foot to boost the immune system
To Energize and Focus
- Peppermint for energy and alertness
- Diffusing lime oil to promote focus
- Valor for centering and focus – diffused or applied topically to the inside of the wrists
- Frankincense – apply a drop or two to the back of the neck to aid in focus
- Diffusing the Joy blend of oils to encourage a happy mood during homeschool math
- Energee and Nitro because I went to a class tonight – Jenny
- Improving Concentration and Focus Naturally
- Optimal Times to Use Ningxia Red
For Art Inspiration
- Our Lavender Chalk Art Tutorial – When we painted a lavender field in chalk pastels
- Our Lemon Chalk Pastel Tutorial – with a beautiful aqua bowl
- Jodi McKenna’s suggestions for oils to diffuse to inspire creativity (picture only)
- Many recipes on the Young Living blog
- Free Essential Chefs eCookbook
- Peppermint Oil Brownies
- Energizing Afternoon Snack
- Guacamole with Lime Essential Oil
I love these handmade soaps, hard lotion bars, lip balm and gifts from my friend Alyce Bass. Please visit her Etsy Shop, Simply Soap by Alyce.
- Diffuser Jewelry – for wearing and diffusing oils throughout the day!
- My friend Jenny bought Lifefactory glass Water Bottles last year for the women in her family and gave it with a bottle of Lemon Oil. She made a copy from the Essential Oils Desk Reference on lemon oil so they could see other uses. She prefers the flip top lid.
- Essential Oils Pocket Reference – such a handy tool for any oily household!
- Essential Oils Make and Take Party by Spell Outloud
- Printable essential oils cards and gift cards
- Thirty-One Bags – many of the bags from my friend Aly organize essential oils well! Especially the baubles and bracelets case, pictured above.
Here is another view!
- Thieves spray – for spraying on throat and helping boost immunity
- Thieves spray for household cleaning – counter tops, appliances
- Four ingredients for cleaning the non-toxic way
- Easy DIY Lotion
- Homemade Lavender Rosemary Shampoo
- Spring Cleaning by Spell Outloud
- Reusing Young Living packaging – brilliant ideas by Maureen’s children!
- Stop the Stink with Purification
- Peppermint drop placed on a cotton ball to discourage household pests
- Abundance because I wanted to smell good – Jenny
- 51 Essential Oil Recipes to Improve Your Health – ebook
Healthy Mama Series
- Quitting coffee after all these years <— I know you are saying ‘what?’
You might also like my A Day in the Life with Essential Oils
Wondering How to Get Started in Essential Oils?
Want to find out even more about Young Living Essential Oils? When I signed up with Young Living through my friend, I became part of a great network of fellow mamas, families who have been using the oils longer than I have. I became part of a Facebook group for discussion and more.
If you have questions or want to know how to sign up, click over to learn How to Get Your Start in Young Living Essential Oils and free free to contact me. I also invite you to sign up for my Essential Oils newsletter!
And be sure to visit ALL the 100 Things posts from my friends, the fellow bloggers of iHomeschool Network. Including these from me!
- 100+ FREE Art Lessons for All Ages
- 100 Every Day Uses for Essential Oils
- 100 Top Homeschool Curriculum Reviews
- 100+ Helpful Homeschool Habits
What are YOUR favorite uses for Essential Oils?