What’s on your Thanksgiving Table?
Thanksgiving is just around the bend, or shall I say, “Over the river and through the woods”…so I thought that we might indulge and paint what would be part of your Thanksgiving feast!
On our table: Down in the southern states, where we are from, we have “Dressin’”, not ever, ever called “stuffing” in the south! That’s what is in a sofa pillow! There are other foods on my table: of course, the star of the show, the golden brown turkey, two pumpkin pies, a big chocolate cake, a bowl of gravy for the dressing, lots of cranberries (although most folks just prefer the jellied cranberry sauce), dressing in a yellow pan, green beans…and then a loaded plate of dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, sliced turkey…yum, yum!
Pick out some delicious pastel colors for your foods! You may have something different than we have: shrimp, all pink and steaming in a bowl, a pork roast, even a roast chicken would be fun to paint! Don’t forget your favorite vegetables…make your Grandma happy…green peas, lots of potatoes… sweet potatoes or Irish ones…you may have some soup too in wonderful bowls! And the desserts! Wow! Lots of pies to paint: golden pumpkin pies, apple pies…oh my, I have to go find something to eat right now, I am so hungry!
You ARE the Artist
Paint up your favorites…and it would be great if you go ahead and put your favorite people in the painting too! Make this YOUR Thanksgiving dinner! YOU are the artist and if you want gumballs you may have them! Be sure you sign your name in the corner, flip the painting over and name it and date it! Show it off to your family and put it up on a wall, or the favorite place…on the front of the refrigerator in the kitchen so all can see you work!
And as you sit down on Thanksgiving Day…remember…you are blessed and you ARE an artist!
You might also like to create A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving!
Free eBook and More!
- Get your FREE ebook! Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
- See how you can get started in just three steps! Watch the one minute You ARE an Artist video at Southern Hodgepodge.
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons (100+ free lessons now) are all contained in the post Pastels plus links to tutorials plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!