This little church in the woods is surrounded by beautiful trees bursting with October orange. There is a little path or driveway leading up to the church and the sky is brilliant blue.
In this video tutorial, Nana shares how to draw the church in chalk pastels, step by step.
How to Draw a Little Church in the Woods in Chalk Pastels
Does your child find it easier to learn with a video tutorial? You will be happy to know that we have a video course for all ages!
You Are An Artist!
- Get your FREE ebook! Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
- See how you can get started in just three steps! Watch the one minute You ARE an Artist video.
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons (100+ free lessons now) are all contained in the post Pastels plus links to tutorials plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!
Above is Nana’s acrylic version of the the little church. You might decide to add even more details with color, shading, bushes and more! Are you noticing changing colors around you this October?