With the Olympics getting closer each day, it was time to make some Olympic rings in chalk pastels! This project is pretty simple. And you can make this painting your very own.
Add the Olympic torch (our video tutorial) in the background or some athletes. Make it yours!
We’ve been learning with our Winter Games 2014 study by Amanda Bennett and again with Summer Games that the colors are representative of all the flags of the participating countries. The colors of the rings are pictured in the top photo above. So you will need blue, black, red, yellow and green.
Draw your five rings in each color, being careful to overlap them without blending the colors. I also outlined mine in black.
And that is it! As Nana says, “You ARE an artist!!”
- Our Summer and Winter Games Bundle has the best of both!
- Our A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels: Winter Olympics includes tutorials for bobsled, ice skate, downhill skier, medals and more!
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons (100+ free lessons now) plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
~ by Middle Girl