Here at Hodgepodge we are passionate about reminding you that You ARE an Artist! And in doing so, we’ve shared more than 100 Free Art Lessons for All Ages!
Chalk pastel and acrylic art tutorials, all listed in alphabetical order…
Would you like even more FREE art tutorials? Subscribe and get our free subscriber-only tutorials! Plus, you won’t miss any future tutorials.
100+ Free Art Tutorials for All Ages
What kinds of chalk pastels? Here are the Chalk Pastels We Love!
- A Path to the Beach – (VIDEO tutorial with example of skumbling technique) Nana’s first lesson in pastels, the one that began our love of chalk pastels
- All Blue Ocean Scene
- American Flag
- Angry Birds art fun!
- Avenue of Oaks with Spanish Moss (St. Simon’s Island)
- Baseball and Bat Chalk Pastel Tutorial
- Beach with a Skumbling Chalk Pastel Technique
- Bird’s Nest (plus a FREE video tutorial How to Paint a Bird’s Nest)
- Birthday Cake Video Tutorial
- Cardinals in the Snow
- Cat in the Hat (acrylic tutorial)
- Caterpillar with video
- Chalk Pastels and Children’s Books
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Lights
- Christmas ornament
- Christmas Presents Under the Tree
- FREE Christmas wreath video tutorial
- Civil War Cannon
- Claude Monet – London at Twilight
- Clouds – less is more
- Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue!
- Cranberry Thanksgiving – Mr Whiskers
- Cranberry Thanksgiving – pie by the fire
- Cupcake (acrylic)
- Daisy (video)
- Despicable Me Minion
- Dogwood blossom
- Dolphin or Porpoise
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat and Fish Acrylic plus colored markers
- Dragonfly (tutorial at Harmony Fine Arts)
- Dump Truck
- Fall Trees (acrylic)
- Fall Tree Reflection
- Fall Tree (video) + the few must have supplies for chalk art
- Fall Walk in the Woods
- Field of Flowers (below the ice cream tutorial)
- Finding Dory
- Fireworks Extravaganza
- Fruit Bowl
- Fudge Pie + recipe at Heart of the Matter
- Garden Spider with video
- Georgia Cotton Boll
- Georgia Peaches
- Goldfish Pond
- Great White Shark – FREE video tutorial
- Happy New Year!
- Harvest Moon (Night scene)
- Heart Collage: Mixed Media Acrylic
- Hermit Crab
- Hummingbird VIDEO
- I Am An Artist
- Icarus by Henri Matisse
- Ice cream sundae
- Impressionism with Chalk Pastel Art – Monet’s Bridge
- Little Church in the Woods (video)
- Little Engine That Could (Train Chalk Pastel Tutorial)
- Macaroni and Cheese– Heart of the Matter’s April 2011 Digital Magazine
- Medieval Castle
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel Mary Anne
- Mug of Hot Chocolate with a Painterly Effect
- My Blue Boat (Teaching Art with Multiple Ages)
- Night blooming cereus
- Old Shed in the Snow
- Olympic Rings
- How to Draw an Olympic Torch Video Tutorial
- Paint Your Own Chalk Pastel Box
- Pan Pastels: How to Draw a Sky and Beach
- Pete the Cat
- Peter Pan (acrylic tutorial)
- Picasso’s Bouquet of Peace
- Queen Anne’s Lace
- Sailboat at Sunset
- San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge video tutorial
- Sandpiper shore bird
- Seahorse Video Tutorial
- Sky and Clouds in Chalk Pastels
- Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening
- Strawberries and Bananas
- Summer Art Lessons
- Summer Flip Flops
- Summer Tree
- Tangled Lanterns : I See the Light
- Thanksgiving Table
- Three Little Chicks
- To The Woods: Henry David Thoreau
- Toothless – How to Train Your Dragon
- Tornado with a Fisting Technique
- Tree Reflection
- Tree Silhouette
- Valentine Tree
- Washington Monument (with fireworks!)
How to Get Started with Chalk Pastels?
Free eBook and More!
- Get your FREE ebook! Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
- See how you can get started in just three steps! Watch the one minute You ARE an Artist video.
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase: The Chalk Pastels We Love and even more detail in the post Pastels plus links to tutorials plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!
Even MORE art tutorials in our Art for All Ages Curriculum at chalkpastel.com!
Video Art Lessons
Weekly Live Art Lessons
Featuring You! You ARE an Artist!
Have you enjoyed one of our 100+ Art Lessons for All Ages? We’d love to feature you on Instagram, Facebook, and/or our Art Tutorials Showcase Pinterest board! Simply tag @hodgepodgemom and/or share on our Hodgepodge Facebook page. And please use the hashtag #YouAREanArtist
And be sure to visit ALL the 100 Things posts from my friends, the fellow bloggers of iHomeschool Network. Including these from me!
- 100+ FREE Art Lessons for All Ages
- 100 Every Day Uses for Essential Oils
- 100 Top Homeschool Curriculum Reviews
- 100+ Helpful Homeschool Habits
Be sure to subscribe to Hodgepodge so you won’t miss any FREE art tutorials! Plus you will get our free subscriber-only tutorials!