We have this annual homeschool tradition – a student photo with the First Day of School Sign. First we do a simple pose.
For many annual photos the children would pose on the front steps. But this year we decided our homeschool room bay window would be a good spot for the Hodgepodge Homeschool Photo.
Then, of course, we do the crazy ones! Because that’s really what a good portion of our homeschool is like. Remember the Imperfect Homeschool: Drama and Trauma I shared with you? But here’s something that will give you even more of a picture. It’s a Hodgepodge video!
This year we even recorded an eight second video of each child sharing the grade he or she is in this 2013-14 homeschool year. You can even subscribe to the Hodgepodge YouTube channel. Soon we hope to be sharing art tutorials from Nana!
It’s fun to look through the photos over the years (Annual School Photo: Helpful Habit). Wow. How they have all grown. Those two high schoolers of mine used to look like this…
Baby toes! *sigh*
A little update on our slow start to homeschool. We cranked things up! Last week we were only doing our Before 8:45 checklist, math, then the pool.
This week we added in language arts on top of that. It’s been a true mixture of spelling, grammar, handwriting, Teaching Textbooks and Saxon math. (Our Hodgepodge Curricula 2013-14). And we still made it to the pool a couple days too.
The girls also started back to Drama Troupe… and a new thing – civics class! Plus there was a big 11th birthday this week! And for that birthday we enjoyed a trip to Atlanta’s World of Coca-Cola. I think my favorite part was…
Seeing the original Norman Rockwell paintings he was commissioned to do for advertising.
We published our Help! I’m Homeschooling ebook! Over a dozen years of tried and true helpful habits for the heart of homeschooling. It is also available as a bundle with our chalk pastel tutorial ebooks and Return of the Routine!
This past week has definitely been a hodgepodge of wonderful homeschool happenings. I wanted to be sure you know about these!
- Rebecca at Mom’s Mustard Seeds is giving away our Help for Homeschool bundle!
- I have a review and giveaway of the Family Homeschool Planner for you
- Subscribe to Homeschool Super Heroes to get two weeks worth of encouragement for FREE!
- iHomeschool Network’s Omnibus goes on sale next week! The sale starts early Tuesday morning and only runs for five days. Stop back by here to get your copy – a huge stockpile of digital curriculum and encouragement for only $25!
Many thanks to our Friday hostesses!
- Collage Friday hostess Mary at Home Grown Learners
- Weekly Wrap-Up hostess Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- And be sure to check out all the student photos during iHomeschool Network’s Not Back to School Blog Hop!
Have you had a hodgepodge of a week too? And, you didn’t know I had a cape did you?