A thrill of hope. The weary world rejoices. For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!
O’er the hills we go, laughing all the way, ha, ha, ha…
Chickadee – are you seeing these little friends at your bird feeder?
Sparklers for the new year!
and, of course, yesterday’s Star Over Bethlehem tutorial.
…Christ the babe is Lord of all!
Plus my Winter Art Pinterest board.
Featuring You! You ARE an Artist!
Paint your winter scene and be sure to share with us! Simply tag @hodgepodgemom on social media, send a photo via the Hodgepodge contact form here or post on the Hodgepodge Facebook page. We will be sharing these via the Hodgepodge instagram or on our Art Tutorials Showcase Pinterest board – or both! Nana will even comment on a few I am sure!
Free eBook and More!
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons are here: 100+ Free Art Lessons for All Ages plus the video The Very Few Must Have Supplies for Chalk Pastel Art. A simple set is very affordable. Nana also teaches acrylic lessons.
- Get your FREE ebook! Getting Started in Chalk Pastel Art.
- See how you can get started in just three steps! Watch the one minute You ARE an Artist video at chalkpastel.com
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
- Encouragement: You Can Be an Artist! 10 Day series and Art for All Ages 10 Day series
- Be sure to subscribe to our Hodgepodge YouTube channel for free video art tutorials!
—>> Subscribe to Hodgepodge so you won’t miss any future art tutorials! <<—
Which tutorial will you pull out the art supplies for first?