Today I’m listing a hodgepodge of Top Ten Must Have items for Homeschooling. I’m spending 10 weeks sharing Top 10 lists with other homeschoolers at iHomeschoolNetwork. It’s a 10 in 10! I do have to say for this list that ‘items’ such as coffee, chocolate and date night with Hodgepodgedad are a given. Well, and a plentiful, non-stop supply of books.
Plus, this homeschool journey is enriched greatly by mentors and homeschool friends, both in my local homeschool support group and the special friendships I’ve been blessed with online. These ladies and families have paved the way, continue to encourage and make a huge difference in our homeschool daily. Thank you!
So, I must have…
1. An every day quiet time for mom. Preferably starting the day with the Lord before the children get up. He is the source of all strength. Afternoon quiet time or a chance to Just Step Outside are both awfully nice too. Even if it’s just five minutes.
2. Slow Cooker and a Meal Plan – because, honey, everybody has to be fed and I’d much rather have the slow cooker do the work. Especially on a busy, balancing-the-needs-of-the-age-range homeschool day.
4. Three Hole Punch. For the notebook and homeschool paper of every kind.
5. Art Supplies. It’s the way some of us learn best around here plus it’s a joy.
6. Sharpened pencils with erasers. Oh how the daily math is side-tracked if these aren’t at the ready.
7. Chalkboards for teaching, lists and the day’s meal plan. Usually the easy answer to “what are we doing today?” and “what’s for supper?” Plus just fun for scribbling.
8. A computing device! Laptop, iPad, etc. That email reminder from the library when books are due is absolutely essential. As are: quick internet searches, those Top Ten websites for homeschooling, homeschool planning and all the learning apps we enjoy.
9. Spiral notebooks to cut the paper clutter and track the school work of five children. One for each subject. One for me to jot things down in (like this post).
10. Camera phone for capturing the every day moments. For continuing gratitude in the every day. The 1,000 gifts app is great for this!
*All the hodgepodge of Top Tens are here.
Plus, don’t miss all the other Top Ten Must Have Items for Homeschooling at iHomeschool Network…
What are your top ten must have items for homeschooling?