Over the next week I am sharing our curriculum choices for 2013-2014.
Rest assured I am still in the planning stages, but we pretty much have a handle on what resources we’ll be using – based on experience. My littlest guy is officially a kindergartener now! (Pause for reflection and a sweet sigh of savoring).
Hodgepodge Homeschool Kindergarten
~this post contains affiliate links~
- Rod and Staff Preschool Books – he is still enjoying one page a day over the summer because he asked. He’s on the last book! So we will continue those and then get the Kindergarten set.
- Alphaphonics (my review at Curriculum Choice)
- How do we teach a child to read? Oh, we have the privilege of teaching our youngest now. He’s the fifth one we’ve taught. The Gentle Ways of Reading.
(A repeat from last year because we love them! Why not?) With both our kindergartener and second grader, we will again enjoy Five in a Row (FIAR) books. (And a few of those favorite Before Five in a Row books for good measure). We’ll read about one book every two weeks. These usually match up beautifully with our Tapestry of Grace and/or nature studies. I also especially like Daniele at Domestic Serenity’s plan of enjoying Five in a Row books seasonally.
FIAR we keep around the couch for easy reading. These are the same books we’ve enjoyed for years and years. So many wonderful memories with Five in a Row books. There are even free lapbooks at Homeschool Share we will enjoy. Plus so many Pinterest resources to supplement an already wonderful curriculum.
The Rest of the Day
Now Lil’ Buddy will also participate in all the learning we do with our multiple ages (Harmony Fine Arts, Tapestry of Grace and more). So this list isn’t complete. I hope you’ll come back over the next week as I share more of our curriculum choices. Plus here are the 10 Parts of the Hodgepodge Schedule – (including how we fit in all the extras, afternoon quiet time and the household service opportunities).
More Resources for You!
- Those little desks and the cubby bench organization for our two youngest ones
- Our IKEA and chalkboard homeschool room
- How to Homeschool Preschoolers – answering I Can’t Homeschool Because of the Little Ones
- When do we start our homeschool year?
- My Homeschool – The Younger Set Pinterest board – this is such a happy board!
- Even more resources at Curriculum Choice! Our authors shared Preschool and Kindergarten curriculum.
- Last year’s Hodgepodge Curricula.
Hodgepodge Curricula 2013-2014
Each of these links will be live as I share about them over the next week:
- Kindergarten curriculum
- Second grade
- Sixth grade
- High School (9th, 10th)
- Multiple ages – all those resources we enjoy with all ages together
I’m savoring it friends! Our youngest as a kindergartener. Such a FUN year.
Linking up with iHomeschool Network’s Not Back to School Blog Hop!
What about you? Will you have preschoolers, a kindergartener or early elementary learners? What are your favorite homeschool resources for these ages?