Today I share with you some of the resources I turn to often:
Plus a new resource we just recently discovered:
- The Habit of Moral Living, Part I – The founders of our nation believed in a moral code of conduct. Whatever their personal beliefs–whether Christian, Unitarian, or Deist–the moral code by which they conducted themselves was based in the Christian Bible. In the general principles of Christianity can be found the underpinnings of our republic.
- The Habit of Moral Living, Part 2 – The “solid foundation of morals” is the Christian faith. It is a faith of absolutes. We can know what is right and what is wrong. The truths expressed in the bible are unassailable. The republic formed using biblical Christianity as a foundation has endured over 230 years. Liberty was achieved.
- The Habit of Moral Living, Part 3 – What happens when people reject God–the moral foundation of their society? Benjamin Franklin said that as nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters. The apostle Paul, speaking to the church at Rome, spoke of those who rejected God and the consequences of that rejection.
- The Habit of Moral Living, Part 4 – Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. –John Adams, October 11, 1798What happens to people who reject God? For He is the very moral underpinning of a civil society. Without Him, the republic cannot subsist any length of time.
- The Habit of Moral Living, Part 5 – The Apostle Paul expands upon his essay about those with “defective thinking” in the book of Galatians. In chapter 5, he provides a list of behaviors produced by the selfish motives of the defective thinker.
What are your favorite resources?