A recent example of love..
I hear myself let loose a long, exasperated sigh as I bend down to pick up the tiny scraps of paper that litter the floor. Across the room a small voice says, “I love you Mama.”
My littlest guy keyed into my tone and he turned it around. Love does that. I could do that too. I could see all those trains scattered all around as love. As the love of a boy. I turn and say, “I love you, sweet boy.”
It’s the little things. Those that don’t cost us anything but time, that mean the most. Like…
- Girls giggling.
- Cousins playing imaginative stories.
- Roast beef all tender from the slow cooker. Mashed potatoes with sour cream.
- Biscuits at Cracker Barrel.
- Rain, pattering softly.
- A warm throw tucked over both me and smiling girl.
- The wonderful feel of Eldest Son’s buzz haircut.
- Beautiful birds at the feeder.
- Art projects, drawing, reading for Tapestry of Grace studies.
- And most certainly, answered prayer.
And so, on this gratitude Monday, I am thinking of simple things to make to show love. Those listed below are from the archives. A little inspiration…
1 Corinthians paper chain – made for my cousin’s wedding shower would be perfect to celebrate Valentine’s Day as well. An anniversary…
A paper chain you can make in any color, for any occasion.
Easy Valentine fudge (microwave) – a three-ingredient recipe!
The Day the Sun Arrived – SunButter Pancakes
So many fun Valentine ideas from creative folks on my Pinterest board!
Counting gifts 2939 – 2951.
…but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13