These are the big ones. These are the long haul homeschool curriculum choices. The homeschool resources we’ve used most every year for every child. These are tested through five children, two homeschool grads and 17 years of homeschooling. Successfully used with different learning styles, across multiple ages and in the midst of busy days. Highly recommend!
Long Haul Homeschool Curriculum For All Ages
These are those resources we use together with all of our ages. This might be what we gather around and do together right after lunch. Our ‘one more thing after lunch‘ (which has grown to a few more things)
Tapestry of Grace – Today, I offer you a Tapestry tour. A top ten list of Tapestry of Grace resources, frequently asked questions and tips for the teacher. And if you don’t use Tapestry of Grace, I hope you just might find some of the advice for teaching multiple ages and homeschool planning helpful in general.
Harmony Fine Arts – Are you like me? Do you long to enrich your homeschool with studies of composers and artists? Do you wish that someone would just do it all for you?
Long Haul Homeschool Math
Teaching Textbooks – this was and is THE math answer for us.
Calm the crazy. This may not look calm – more like a Hodgepodge – but I'm so grateful for Teaching Textbooks. It is how we get math done with so many ages and grades. I'm sitting through lessons with my younger two and checking in on my older two. But the grading? Done for me✔️ Each grade has just the right amount of humor interjected to make math fun while we are getting it done. I've found Teaching Textbooks is perfect for my auditory learners, great for my visual and kinesthetic learner too 📚My friend, Kerri, suggested it all those years ago. I'm SO glad she did! We tried the free placement tests. And now we've been through every level they offer and sent one of the Hodgepodge off to college🎉You might want to try it too? Check out @teachingtextbooks #HodgepodgeApproved #HodgepodgeHomeschool #homeschoolmath #teachingtextbooks
Long Haul Homeschool Science
- Auditory Learning with Apologia
- Favorite Homeschool Astronomy Resources
- Marine Biology Study for Multiple Ages
- Online Physics for High School (Apologia Academy)
- Apologia Swimming Creatures – elementary
- Apologia Land Animals – elementary
- Apologia General Science – middle school
- Apologia Biology – high school
- Apologia Marine Biology – high school
- Apologia Chemistry – high school
- Writers in Residence – middle/high
- Explore Homeschool Astronomy
Long Haul Homeschool Language Arts
Rod and Staff English – We do dearly love Rod and Staff English and have now officially used every year available – from 2nd grade to 10th!
Spelling Workout – When you stick with a curriculum throughout your homeschool years, I believe it speaks volumes to its success and ability to meet the needs of different learning styles. Spelling Workout is more than just spelling. Besides spelling practice, this series teaches…
Long Haul Digital/Online Curriculum
- Apologia Constitutional Literacy – We have been through this amazing resource once and will be using it when each of our children reach high school.
- Homeschool Video Courses for Multiple Ages – Especially in the high school years, we have invited master teachers into our homeschool. We’ve done that with homeschool video courses for multiple ages.
More on Long Haul Homeschool Curriculum Choices
Hodgepodge Homeschool Curriculum Choices – with links to grades, ages, organization tips and more!
Stick With What Works – Now and then I have tried a new curriculum because of a review I read or because it was the latest, greatest thing homeschoolers were raving about. Sometimes that worked, sometimes not. Today I am sharing those things we’ve made a habit of sticking with.
How about you. Do you have homeschool curriculum that has stood the test of time – some that is long haul homeschool curriculum?