The assignment to emphasize that when we read God’s word we “should be careful to get all the good sweetness we can…
…We must not read so quickly that we miss the important truths God wants to teach us. Nor should we read so slowly that our minds wander and bits of truth slip away.”
Further on the assignment was to copy and memorize the above verse. I adore that we are using God’s word to study English.
I’m at The Curriculum Choice today and at Habits for a Happy Home sharing our favorite English and Grammar curriculum. Since this curriculum is written for a classroom, we adapt it for our homeschool. Would you please click over and join me?
You can also click here to view my reviews of:
- Thomas Kinkade’s Drawing Basics by Alpha Omega
- The Answers Book for Kids, Volumes 1-4 by Answers in Genesis
- Slow and Steady Get Me Ready
- 365 Days of Celebration and Praise by Julie Lavender
- The Put On Chart by Doorposts
- Sing the Word by the Harrow Family
- Answers in Genesis: God’s Design for Science series
- Your Backyard Birding DVD by Crowe’s Nest Media
- Sonlight Book of Time
Have you come across a new favorite? Or would you like to tell us about a curriculum you’ve stuck with from the beginning? Maybe a trusted parenting resource?