This is making me sooo hungry! Don’t you want to take a bite? Here is a really fun challenge for all you who love donuts! You may also want to celebrate National Donut Day on June 1st! Here is how to draw a donut with chalk pastels.
How To Draw a Donut with Chalk Pastels
- Get your piece of copy paper out and turn it horizontally.
- Pick out your pastels: a golden brown for the donut, darkest purple for the donut hole, dark brown for shadows and a medium purple for the shadow under the donut.
- Take your golden brown and in the center of the page put it down on its side.
- Spin it around on the surface of the paper to make a circle…there! You have your donut!
- Use your dark purple for the donut’s hole in the center, then frost and sprinkle to make your delicious treat! Yum!
- Take a photo and send it for us to see! Have fun..because You are ALL artists! ❤️Nana
FEATURING YOU! YOU ARE AN ARTIST!
- A note on chalk pastels: Pastels are an easy, forgiving medium. Fun for children and adults alike! Details on the pastels and paper we use, how and where to purchase, and links to all of Nana’s other pastel lessons are here: Our Favorite Chalk Pastels.
- The practical aspects of a mess: Pastels are blessedly messy. We always have baby wipes close by to wipe hands. We wear something we don’t mind getting stained or don a smock.
Do you and your artists learn best with a video art tutorial? Nana has a video of this art lesson in the You ARE an Artist Clubhouse as part of our annual Summer Art Camp (you can access any time of the year). Find our Artist Clubhouse and Video Art Lessons at ChalkPastel.com!