Since Easter is just around the corner I thought I would post our recipe for Resurrection Rolls. I hope it will be a great addition to your Easter celebration.
Resurrection Rolls Recipe
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Give each child a triangle of crescent rolls. The crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.
Read Matthew 27:57-61
1. Give each child a marshmallow. This represents Jesus.
2. Have him/her dip the marshmallow in melted butter. This represents the oils of embalming.
3. Now dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar which represents the spices used to anoint the body.
4. Then wrap up the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll (not like a typical crescent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside.) This represents the wrapping of Jesus’ body after death.
5. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. (The oven represents the tomb – pretend like it was three days!)
6. Let the rolls cool slightly. The children can open their rolls (cloth) and discover that Jesus is no longer there, HE IS RISEN!!!! (The marshmallow melts and the crescent roll is puffed up, but empty.)
Now read Matthew 28:5-8
Kim has been married for twenty-three years, a minister’s wife for more than twenty years. She has eight children and has been homeschooling for fourteen years. She would like to say she reads, travels and does all kinds of wonderful things in her spare time, but the truth is she spends her spare time doing laundry.